Introducing an amazing person Rudy Pospisil – Rudy, a Fire Captain from Vancouver Canada is coming to Perth to ride 4000km to Melbourne to raise money for Cancer research for the Peter Mac Cancer Centre. He is leaving October 10. Please check out his fantastic website and watch the video.
Help is needed to assist Rudy with the Western Australian leg, one of the most remote places in the world to ride. We have amazing firefighters working all over Australia and New Zealand to help Rudy.
A lot of hard work is going into the planning the ride and need help with the following:
- Transport company to conduct one or two resupplies along the Nullarbor
- A Corporate sponsor for a fuel card for the van
- Cyclists who may want to ride with Rudy on any part of the trip
- A blue tick phone handset for communications in the rural areas
- Removable CB radio for the van
All donations can be tax deductible if needed.
Finally we need volunteers who are willing to help with the WA leg of the arrangements and the following:
- Communications planning and support
- Ground support
- Medical (medical plan and massages along the way)
If you have been affected by cancer or know someone who has you can also tribute a section of the ride on the website https://www.rudysride.org.au/
Please email either Peter Sutton or Stuart Parks if you or your volunteers are able or willing to help. All help will be appreciated
If you can’t help can you please share.